Los Fresnos CISD voters passed a $63 million bond issue May 1, 2021, to fund the construction of a new middle school and various other projects.
The projects included in this referendum are the result of the vision by the Board of Trustees to ensure that Los Fresnos CISD prepares future-ready students.
"It is neat to see a community of learners set goals and work toward them with resolve. Staff, parents and community members worked collaboratively to share how these projects will take the learning experience in Los Fresnos to new heights,” Superintendent Gonzalo Salazar said.
The district’s long-range plan will now be put into motion with following construction and improvements projects:
- A new middle school that will be located adjacent to Rancho Verde Elementary.
- A Career and Technical Education Center that will repurpose Los Cuates Middle School. The CTE Center will serve LFHS and LFU students to provide industry certifications.
- A new Multipurpose Center that will provide professional learning space, competition space for Robotics, Science Fairs, Career Fairs, Art Exhibits and Fine Art performances.
- Los Fresnos United Master Plan Completion – ROTC Building, athletic fields, instructional space
- Los Fresnos High School Improvements – Athletic training area, dressing rooms, and Band Hall
- Liberty Memorial Middle School – All-weather track and surrounding infrastructure
- West Campus Central Plant – Replace equipment and improve air quality
Next comes the design and construction phase of the facilities. Construction on the new middle school will be a priority.
Los Fresnos CISD will provide construction updates on this website until the projects are complete, which is expected in 2026.
Please visit the appropriate links on the right side of this web page for construction updates on each project.