Certificate of Liability Insurance
1. No work will be commenced until all requirements of this section have been approved by the District in writing. The District will be furnished a certificate of insurance acceptable, prior to the commencement of any work.
2. The insurance shall contain a provision that at least thirty (30) days prior written notice shall be given to the District in the event of cancellation, material change or non-renewal.
3. Insurance shall be underwritten by a company rated not less than B+VII in the Best's latest published guide.
4. There shall be a hold harmless agreement in which the contractor assumes liability on the contract and holds the School District harmless.
5. The contractor shall purchase and maintain in force the following kinds of insurance and bonds for operations under construction contracts and as specified in each section.
6. Certificate of insurance should contain a waiver of subrogation as well as district or an additional insured party.
B. Worker’s Compensation requirements
1. Appendix A, page 14.6.
C. Casualty Insurance These dollar amounts will carry according to district evaluated exposure.
D. Workers' Compensation as statutory provisions require.
E. Commercial General Insurance (Occurrence basis only)
1. Bodily Injury and Property Damage Each Occurrence $300,000
2. General Aggregate $600,000
4. Operations Aggregate $600,000
5. Personal and Advertising
6. Injury Occurrence $300,000
7. Fire Damage, Legal
8. Liability Any One Fire $50,000
9. Medical Expenses Any One Person $5,000
F. The District shall be named as an additional insured by endorsement on the contractor's policy as to the subject job.
G. Business (Commercial) Automobile Liability Insurance coverage for all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles:
1. Bodily Injury Each Person $100,000
2. Each Accident $300,000
3. Property Damage Each Occurrence $100,000
4. No deletions/exclusions from standard coverage form allowed without written consent of LFCISD
H. Umbrella Liability Insurance (Excess) - $1,000,000.00 The owner shall be named as an additional insured on the contractor's policy as to the subject job.
I. This policy shall provide coverage over the Workers' Compensation, Commercial General Liability and Business Automobile Liability.