Los Fresnos CISD believes that every student can gain science proficiency through instruction that is rigorous, project based, and technologically driven. Students will engage in hands on activities to explore the natural world and understand that relationships exist among the different science disciplines.
- know and understand how science has built a vast body of changing and increasing knowledge described by physical, mathematical, and conceptual models.
- know that science may not answer all questions.
- know that investigations are used to learn about the natural world through questioning, observing, and drawing conclusions.
- know and understand that certain types of questions can be answered by investigations, and that conclusions and models built from these investigations change as new observations are made.
Scope of Services
The Science Strategists support the teaching and learning of science by:
- keeping informed about current legislation, educational developments, literature, and research in science instruction.
- disseminating professional information and materials to the schools and campus administrators.
- providing staff development to teachers.
- assisting in the development of science benchmark assessments that correlate to instructional targets and timelines.
- providing assistance to administrators and teachers in analyzing testing data.
- providing assistance to administrators and teachers in locating instructional resources to better serve the special populations.