Instructional Material Support Hub
Google Meet Update
I’m excited to share that Google Meet has released their 1st round of updates! 😊
You should start to see them trickle their way through to your Google Meet sessions.
- Host Settings
- Turn On/Off – Let everyone share their screen (defaulted at On)
- This is the “Present Now” button that students see. If you turn it off, it’ll go away for students.
- Turn On/Off - Send chat messages (defaulted at On)
- You can turn off student messages, however, keep your messages to them on.
- Students will still see the chat, but will not be able to engage/respond.
- Change Layout
- Tiled View – See up to 49 students! 😉
- Turn On Background Blur
Click here to see my video as I walk you through some of the new features.
Features that we should be receiving in October:
- Attendance to see/track students
- Breakout rooms to split classes (small group instruction/teams)
- Q&A / Polling